It’s February 14th! This day is better known as Valentine’s Day or Valentine’s Day. It is a special day because we want to pamper our couple with gifts, chocolates, teddy bears, flowers, or an exquisite dinner. Although we love them all year round, this day we want them to feel even more dear.
One of the most common gifts, and the most sold for this day are the flowers. According to a survey by the National Federation of Menoristas, in 2015, 37.8% of people in the nation bought flowers on Valentine’s Day spending $ 2.1 billion. This means that there is a good chance that you will be one of those people who will receive flowers on this special day. How romantic!
The flowers are so beautiful! They fill the atmosphere with such joy, freshness, and we want them to last forever. It is so important to take good care of them because apart from beautiful, they are special and make our home look better.
There are some things you can do to enjoy your flowers and make them last longer.
- Keep your flowers away from hot areas (such as heaters, tele, or stove).
- If the flowers are wrapped in paper and with leagues, it is important to remove them from the paper and put them in a floral container and with water.
- Did you know that flowers take a lot of water? Fill the container with fresh water daily, and make sure each flower is touching water.
- There are times when flowers come with a packet of condoms. Use it for your flowers. If you do not have it, then you can add a little sugar to the water. This is a remedy from my mom who says she helps the flowers, and I believe her.
- Cut the stem of the flower every time you change the water. Cut only one inch at a time. This helps the flower to absorb water better and last longer. When the flowers start to look smaller, make other arrangements with the same flowers. Simply use more small containers, and separate your flowers.
Would you like to save a small memory of your flowers? get paid to take surveys. If so, take a single flower and put it between the pages of a thick and heavy book. After several weeks the flower is flat and beautiful. It is a way to have a beautiful memory of that special arrangement.
Taking a few extra minutes to take care of our flowers makes us enjoy them a little more. It is so nice to decorate our homes with natural plants and flowers so knowing how to take care of them is worth it.
I wish you have a wonderful time with your special partner on this Valentine’s Day!